On Friday 15th May, The Telegraph reported on the APPG’s ‘Call to Action’ on the Government to support the beauty and well being industry through the COVID-19 pandemic.
The APPG is calling on Government to:
- Provide clear instructions and advance warning on when beauty and wellness business can reopen and what treatments they can offer, including for services within hospitality businesses such as hotels, and what grades of PPE must be used.
- Ensure industry access to affordable PPE, being crucial to protect staff and customers.
- Provide clarification on the future of the Job Retention Scheme and how the Government will continue to support both small and large businesses in the industry as restrictions are eased.
- Crack down on the emergence of the black market of rogue operators continuing to sell services behind closed doors risking public health, and how to report non-compliance.
- Better protect against risks of modern slavery as businesses reopen.
You can read the Telegraph’s article here: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/beauty/news/mps-insist-support-hairdressers-salons-public-safety-top-concern/
This was also covered in Professional Beauty here and Scratch Magazine here.