On Thursday 21st May, the APPG on Beauty, Aesthetics and Wellbeing held its second virtual panel session on the impact of COVID-19, which focused on the impact on online beauty and wellness platforms.
The Group heard from:
- Giorgia Rossi, COO of Treatwell
- Abi Selby, Founder of Spabreaks.com
- Jack Tang, CEO and Co-founder at Urban
Topics for discussion included:
- How are online platforms supporting the businesses that rely on their platforms during this time?
- What has been the short-term impact of COVID-19 on their platforms? What is likely to be the long-term impact of coronavirus on bookings made through the platforms?
- As non-essential shops are allowed to re-open, how can online platforms help rebuild consumer confidence?
- How will online operators ensure that businesses using their platforms comply with Government measures around social distancing and the use of PPE while performing treatments?
- How can the Government support both large and small businesses in the industry to ensure they recover from the crisis? How can online platforms contribute towards this?
A video recording of the session is also available on the APPG’s YouTube page here.