An All Party Parliamentary Group is a politically neutral cross-party group of Parliamentarians concerned about a particular issue – in this case the Beauty and Aesthetics Industry.
Though they are run by and for Members of the Commons and Lords, many choose to involve outside organisations for advice and administration. The BAW APPG has regular meetings within Parliament to discuss happenings within the Beauty and Aesthetics industry, as well as listening to the thoughts of anybody with an interest in the sector. This may include receiving expert presentations and testimony from those working in sector, or have been impacted by it.
The Secretariat for this APPG is run by Interel Consulting UK with support from the National Hair and Beauty Federation.
Meet the Parliamentarians
- Carolyn Harris MP – Co Chair
- Judith Cummins MP – Co Chair
- Alberto Costa MP – Vice Chair
- Jessica Morden MP – Vice-Chair
- Jackie Doyle- Price MP – Vice-Chair
- Peter Dowd MP – Treasurer
- Nick Smith MP – Secretary
- Honorary Member – Jenny Chapman (Former MP for Darlington)